When you have a broadband connection installed in your home, you want it to be a fast one. No one wants to wait longer than necessary for their social media to load or their Netflix to stream correctly. Broadband connections should be quick, and thanks to the rollout of fibre broadband, people are finding it easier than ever to gain faster broadband in their homes.
Affordable broadband is what most people seek with a range of online deals on offer. The competition for the best broadband deal is intense, and if you look in the right places, you can find the best broadband deals. It’s easy to assume it’s your broadband provider at fault, but it’s not always the case. Many things can stop your broadband connection from being as fast as possible. Anything from old hardware, how far you are from the router, and even the wiring in the home can impact your broadband speed.
Speeding Up Your Connection
The good news is that your broadband can be faster, and some of the things that you can do include the following:
- When you choose to secure your WiFi, you will ensure that your broadband is faster. A password-protected router stops random strangers from using your WiFi, which is what causes the speed to drop out. You should have a password on yours already but speak to your provider to get one.
- Did you know that your router’s location can impact the strength of your broadband speed? Too many walls, doors, and even microwaves can affect the strength of your internet speed. So, the best option is to ensure that your router is in an open location and not stuck in a cupboard.
- Cluttered computers and tablets can slow your broadband speed. Too many applications that feed off the internet can slow you down. You may also find that too many pop-ups are dragging your internet connection, which occurs when your internet browser is too busy.
- One of the things that you can do is get a powerline adapter. These use the electricity power lines in your home, ensuring that the broadband signal is boosted for each room. If you have a weaker signal upstairs, a powerline adapter could help!
- Go for a wired connection if you are really having difficulty with your broadband connection. It’s not a long-term solution, but it’s one that will be helpful if you connect your laptop to the router for a while.
- There are specific broadband accelerators out there that will prevent any interference from telephone wiring. This can stop the slowdown of your internet connection and enable you to enjoy a faster broadband.
- Lastly, if you try all of the above and it’s still slow, consider switching your broadband provider. You can find that with the websites that offer you the chance to compare broadband deals, you can save money and boost your connection at the same time.
Get The Best Broadband Deals
There are plenty of broadband speed testers online that are easy to use and will give you an idea of the speeds you should expect. Companies can offer you the chance to do this before you sign up, which will help you decide which broadband deals work for you. Some rules are in place as to what a broadband company can promise, so if you are promised a certain speed and sign up, you should get this speed. If you find that you aren’t getting the promised speeds, check the contract you’ve signed.
If your broadband is not as fast as it could be, you may find that some broadband deals offer you the chance to switch from an ADSL standard broadband service to a fibre-optic broadband that will boost your speed. Upgrading your current broadband connection is going to help you to make your broadband as fast as it could be. Just make sure you know the speed you are getting and not the speed you are promised. There are speeds set out in packages that are just not achieved by some broadband companies, so pay attention to that!
If you are struggling with your broadband, check out the deals that you can achieve online and choose the one that suits your home and circumstances, as well as your budget. The right broadband connection is one that gives you the best speed for the least amount of cash! Try the tips above to boost your internet connection, and you can maximise your broadband speed.