Web Content Accessibility Conformance
Aiming For An Accessible Web
This is the official accessibility statement for MultiLayer Design Ltd. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write to us using the address or use the email form on our "Contact us" page.
We continually monitor the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines and make efforts for ours and our clients websites to conform to these guidelines where possible as part of our business ethos.
There are many factors involved with Accessibility and we are working towards compliance with the new 2.0 guidelines, we believe these should be embraced so the web will become a better place.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site.
On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
Depending on browser on Windows you may need to press SHIFT + ALT + an access key.
Although Access keys are somewhat of a misguided addition to a website they have been added so that the option is available to users.
All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 1 - Home Page
- Access key 2 - About Page
- Access key 3 - Design Page
- Access key 4 - Service Page
- Access key 5 - Portfolio Page
- Access key 6 - Contact Page
- Access key 8 - Accessibility Statement
- Access key 9 - Sitemap
- Access key 0 - Conditions Page
This website aims to conform to:
- WCAG AAA - Priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Many guidelines are intentionally vague and can not be tested automatically,
however, the validation service at
can be used to test the most common issues.
Please feel free to test any page against any of the accessibility modes.
- XHTML 1.1 - All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.1 Strict. For example, check any of the pages for XHTML validity using the bottom of page links.
- CSS 2.0+ - All pages on this site validate as CSS 2.1. For example, check any of the pages for CSS validity using the bottom of page links.
- All pages use structured semantic markup.
Resizing the text
- Please use the font +, - buttons at the top of the site.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative background graphics do not include attributes.
- Complex images where necessary may include LONGDESC attributes or inline descriptions to explain the significance of each image to non-visual readers, these do not include background images used for site aesthetics.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout - no tables whatsoever have been used in the design of this website.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
This website has been tested and proven to offer full functionality on Windows with:
- Firefox - of course this is your preferred browser too?
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 7.0+ (Note: NO SUPPORT FOR IE6! We are going forward not reverse!)
- Screen sizes ranging from 1024px to 1900px in width
Where to next?
We are constantly adding features to the site, if you feel anything is missing or in error please contact us
Sign Up for Our NewsletterReceive web site tips, periodic news and offers from us.
We hate spam too!
We respect your privacy!
Does strangeness ever disappear?
- about 1 day ago
Tit for Tat brings on a whole new meaning when you Twitterize it ;) heheh
- 2 days ago
Will you follow me till death - Take your last breath and come with me - To a world without madness
- 9 days ago
Bookmark MultiLayer Design!